IELTS Writing Task 1: Understanding and Interpreting Data
28 Aug 2014 admin
In this particular writing task, you will be looking at graphs where you are to understand what each axis is measuring, bar and pie charts where the key tells you what each different bar or area represents, and tables where the reading of the data across the rows and down the columns help you identify key features.
Here are some helpful tips:
• In writing task 1, the examiner will be looking into four different things: task achievement, coherence and cohesion, lexical resource and grammatical rand and accuracy.
• Task 2 is worth more marks than task 1, so don’t go beyond the allotted 20 minutes on task 1.
• Develop a paragraph plan and fill it with examples and relevant supporting data.
• Make sure that you put everything in writing in at least 150 words. Otherwise, you will be penalized for writing less.
• Spare a few minutes and allow yourself to reread your work and make any corrections or vocabulary improvements.
Don’t forget to sign up to our newsletter to receive tips and strategies to maximize your IELTS score.
Also, check out these writing study aids.
Like this post? Share it with your friends…
Categories: IELTS Writing
Tags: IELTS writing Tips