FREE IELTS General Training Writing Practice Test
29 May 2014 admin
The British Council have a free IELTS General writing practice test that you can download and complete. It also has model answers. The IELTS academic writing test will take 60 minutes, and there are two tasks.
In the actual test you will do your writing in an answer booklet.
The total time allowed for the IELTS General Training Writing test is 60 minutes.
Time yourself and allow just one hour to complete both parts.
Task 2 contributes twice as much as Task 1 to the Writing score.
Writing task 1
You should spend about 20 minutes on task 1
- write in a personal, semi-formal or formal style
- write at least 150 words
Writing task 2
You should spend about 40 minutes on task 2
- give reasons for your answer and include examples from your own knowledge or experience
- write at least 250 words
Instructions to candidates
In the actual test you will be given the following instructions:
- do not open this question paper until you are told to do so
- write your name and candidate number in the spaces at the top of this page
- read the instructions for each task carefully
- answer both of the tasks
- write at least 150 words for task 1
- write at least 250 words for task 2
- write your answers in the answer booklet
- write clearly in pen or pencil; you may make alterations, but make sure your work is easy to read
At the end of the test, hand in both the question paper and your answer booklet.
Once you have completed both tasks, review your work. Download the model answers to see good examples of how to complete the Writing test.
Remember to sign up to our newsletter if you haven’t already!
Categories: IELTS Writing